Thursday, October 31, 2019

BUILDINGS


BUILDINGS


WHAT DOES THE BIBLE TEACH ABOUT BUILDINGS? (1 Kings 8:1-21)


Usa, Manhattan, Contrasts, New York

 "Blessed be the LORD, the God of Israel, who has kept the promise he made to my father, David. For he told my father, “From the day I brought my people Israel out of Egypt, I have never chosen a city among the tribes of Israel as the place where a temple should be built to honor my name. But now I have chosen David to be king over my people.” (1 Kings 8:15-16)


GOD IS MORE CONCERNED WITH PEOPLE THAN BUILDINGS (Acts 7:44-53).

Country House, Building, House

"The Most High doesn’t live in temples made by human hands. As the prophet says, “Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool. Could you ever build me a temple as good as that?” asks the Lord. “Could you build a dwelling place for me?” (Acts 7:48-49)



For 480 years after Israel’s escape from Egypt, God did not ask them to build a temple for him. Instead he emphasized the importance of his presence among them and their need for spiritual leaders. It is easy to think of a building as the focus of God’s presence and power, but God chooses and uses people to do his work. He can use you more than he can use a building of wood and stone. Building or enlarging our place of worship may be necessary, but it should never take priority over developing spiritual leaders.

GOD IS NOT CONFINED TO BUILDINGS SET ASIDE FOR HIM.

Architecture, Family House, Front Yard


Stephen had been accused of speaking against the temple (6:13). Although he recognized the importance of the temple, he knew that it was not more important than God. God is not limited; he doesn’t live only in a house of worship, but wherever hearts of faith are open to receive him (Isaiah 66:1-2). Solomon knew this when he prayed at the dedication of the temple (2 Chronicles 6:18). 

God wants to live in us. Is he living in you?

Thumbs Up, Facebook, Like, Colorful

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHILDREN

CHILDREN PARENTS AND CHILDREN GOD’S EXPECTATIONS OF PARENTS ( Deuteronomy 6:1-25) "You must commit yourselves...